skip to main content

Arizona Tax Credit

    Print Form

The Arizona Tax Credit Program allows you to designate where you want your tax dollars to go.  

What is a tax credit?
A tax credit is a dollar-for-dollar reduction in the actual tax owed.  For example, if you owe $800 in state income taxes and you donate $400 to a public school, you may subtract $400 from your tax bill.  Taxpayers who have had state income tax deducted from their paychecks throughout the year could make a donation and receive a refund on their taxes. It's an opportunity to put money in your pocket and back into our schools.

Who is eligible?
This tax credit program is available to any individual who pays Arizona income taxes. You do not need to have a child enrolled in school  in order to claim the Arizona Tax Credit.

Note: Partnerships and S corporations cannot pass these credits through to their partners or shareholders. These credits are also not available to trusts, estates, regular corporations, or
S corporations.

Where does my donation go?
You may designate any number of extracurricular activities that you would like to support with your tax credit donation.  Your choices include Choir, Band, Sports programs, Future Business Leaders, Future Farmers of America, Educational field trips, Academic teams, Dance, Cheerleading and many other programs that support students.

How can I contribute?
You may make a donation in any amount up to $400 if married or filing jointly or up to $200 for those who file as single or head of the household. The donation deadline is December 31st of the current year. Simply print and complete the Arizona Tax Credit form located in the left navigation, or pick one up at the Benson School District Office. Donations can be made via cash or check.  Please make checks payable to: Benson Unified School District #9.  Donations may be dropped off at the district office or mailed to:

Benson Unified School District #9
360 S. Patagonia St.
Benson, AZ  85602

What do I do when I prepare my taxes?

Everyone who contributes will receive a receipt. Keep the receipt for when you file your annual Arizona State taxes.  You or your tax preparer will need to complete an ARIZONA FORM 322 when filing.


ADA Compliance Errors 0